The Center for Food Action provides emergency food, homelessness prevention and utility assistance to tens of thousands of individuals and families living in Northern NJ.
For Printing: Center for Food Action Overview
- CFA distributed over 70,000 food packages to local families and individuals in Northern Bergen County.
- An emergency food package consists of seven days worth of food and the amount of food a household receives is based on family size.
- On average, an emergency food package consists of 6 bags of groceries.
- CFA also provided Thanksgiving food packages to 3,435 households – 11,679 people.
- As needed, CFA clients can come for food packages up to 12 times a year.
- CFA helped 1,980 households with other basic needs: rent - 479 households, security deposits - 396 households, utility & heating bills - 986 households, miscellaneous assistance - 119.
- CFA distributed over 18,000 weekend snack packs in four Northern NJ elementary schools.
The New Jersey Anti-Hunger Coalition
- The mission of the New Jersey Anti-Hunger Coalition (NJAHC) is to end hunger in New Jersey through education, advocacy and activism.
- The NJAHC is a program of the Center for Food Action.
- Learn more: njahc.org