Emergency Food & Holiday Program
- In 2014, CFA distributed over 65,513 food packages to local families and individuals in northern New Jersey.
- An emergency food package consists of seven days of nutritious food. The amount of food a household receives is based on family size.
- On average, a food package consists of 6 bags of groceries.
- Based on income eligibility, a clients can come for food packages up to 12 times a year.
- CFA provided Thanksgiving food packages to 3,287 households – 10,178 people.
A package for a family of four has a value of approxiately $180. The package consists of donated foods and paper goods, personal care itmes and clearning supplies. As funding permits,CFA purchases food items such as eggs, meat and fresh produce to include in the packages. During the spring summer and fall months CFA addes fresh produce CFA's Englewood garden and local gardeners.
Diabetic Food Packages
CFA supplies between 230 and 250 diabetic food packages monthly. The number of requests for diabetic food packages has doubled over the past three years. It is a constant struggle to get enough items donated that meet the dietary needs of those living with diabetes.