The Number of People Helped Has Jumped 50% Since 2008
As a result of your generosity, in 2018:
- CFA distributed 64,046 Emergency & Holiday Food Packages. An emergency food package consists of seven days worth of food; the amount of food a household receives is based on family size. On average, an emergency food package consists of 6 bags of groceries.
- CFA provided Thanksgiving food packages to 3,102 households – 9,386 people
As needed, CFA clients can come for food packages up to 12 times a year.
- CFA helped 823 households with other basic needs: rent – 195 households, security deposits – 262 households, utility & heating bills – 357 households, miscellaneous assistance – 9.
- CFA distributed more than 33,215 Weekend Snack Packs and 880 Smile Packs to children in 14 area elementary schools.
- CFA distributed fresh produce and other grocery items to 3,564 low-income community members at free mobile farmers markets.
How many people did your donations help in your town?